Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 5, 2011

Cloud Callout: First manufactured paper doll: Little Fanny, produced by S&J Fuller, London, in 1810. First American manufactured paper doll: The History and Adventures of Little Henry, published by J. Belcher of Boston in 1812. In the 1820s, boxed paper doll sets were popularly produced in Europe and exported to America for lucky children.  

 I am still on the paperdoll concept…..they can be both 2 dimensional objects and 3 dimensional.  
 
First manufactured paper doll: Little Fanny, produced by S&J Fuller, London, in 1810. First American manufactured paper doll: The History and Adventures of Little Henry, published by J. Belcher of Boston in 1812. In the 1820s, boxed paper doll sets were popularly produced in Europe and exported to America for lucky children.

INTERESTING TIDBIT OF INFORMATION!
http://www.opdag.com/history.html
 





PAPER BUILDING MODELS

When I researched other college students work, I realized that there are ways of thinking and designing that I am unfamiliar with.  When looking at Kristin Mueller's work, I was blown away with how her concepts developed.  There was one where she took the pattern of shoes and eventually it became a screen wall.  I would never have thought of that!  When looking back at my fascination with paperdolls in the past, I saw how there were repetitious patterns and shapes in the cut-out type of dolls.  This could become something.  There are shapes (voids and mass) that could be used....perhaps for a museum for antique paperdoll collections!  This really is a different way for me to think, and it offers up so many possibilities.





No comments:

Post a Comment