Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16, 2011

During the plane ride from Mobile to Boston, I was concerned that I know too  many rules of performance.  These concepts seem to constantly get in the way of my ability to free think and be open to new ways of perceiving the world. My intent is to let myself be and absorb the "intensive."  For me, security lies in the knowing of the end result.  Knowing point "A" & point "B" helps me to create a path toward the end result.  In my profession, this ideal has helped me greatly.  In school, it seems to be a tripping hazard.  How to design from the beginning not knowing what the end result should be is "uncomfortable."  Not holding and "ideal" out in front of me, makes the path uneasy to maneuver through.  For me, this week will be a challenge to my core understanding of process.
 play item #1
 
Process: taking a photo of a cloud, drawing a portion of it, then interlacing it with my sketchbook paper.  I like the folding but did like the end result with the drawing.




Play Item #2


Process: taking trash paper, scribbling with blue pens on some of the paper, cutting it into strips, curling and tapping to paper.  I liked where this was going.  I liked the transparency and the natural tendency of the tissue to fall one way or another.

Notes from my Journal

1 comment:

  1. I like how you express carefully in words the PROCESS, how you will go about the work at hand. What I am curious about is how you ANALYZE what you did after the fact and how that analysis gets SYNTHESIZED into a next iteration. Let's talk more about this....

    ReplyDelete